Valentine's Day is Tomorrow!
- You could care less. (If so, there is no need to continue reading.)
- You’ve been looking forward to this day since the day after Christmas.
- Say what??? You haven’t bought a gift or even a card yet!
If you fall into the same category as most of us, here are a few last-minute gift ideas to keep you out of the doghouse with your significant other!
- A homemade dinner for two – most restaurants will require reservations and if you haven’t made them yet, it may be a tough task to eat by 10pm. We suggest visiting the grocery store and surprising your love with a home-cooked dinner. Don’t forget the wine!
- Romantic movies – why not follow up dinner with a good flick? You could rent a classic: “Casablanca”, “The Notebook”, “Gone with the Wind”, “An Affair to Remember”, “The Princess Bride”, “Sleepless in Seattle” Or hit the Theaters: “Winter’s Tale” & “Love is in the Air” are both opening on Friday, Feb. 14th
- A bouquet of fresh flowers from the local florist – a dozen roses is nice, but anything will do, really!
- Weekend get-away – overnight in a downtown hotel or just a day trip through the countryside (Bonus points if you arrange the babysitter)
- Jewelry – something she can cherish for years to come. Plus she’ll think of you every time she puts it on!
- Chocolate is always a great gift, even if for no reason at all!
- I.O.U’s – not what you think… these I.O.U.’s are personal and heartfelt. Grab some strips of paper, write your promises on them and keep them in an envelope. Need some suggestions??? A back rub, doing the dishes, a trip to the grocery store, washing the windows, mow the lawn, etc.
We suggest not using all of these at once… save something for next year, a birthday, or your anniversary!